I don't support political parties! Please stop calling us.

Once upon a time, I knew someone who was running for the Liberal nomination in South Delta.

I paid $10 to join the local party in order to vote for my friend. What a mistake.

I attended the meeting which was like a juvenile chanting experience with people marching around with placards.  It all seemed very odd.

She didn't win. That is the only time I ever attended a political rally in support of a candidate and the only time I've ever paid anything to a political party that I can remember.

Later I found that not only was my name included on the Liberals supporter listing for all time, but so was my husband's. He accuses me of having signed him up for a party, when in fact nothing of the sort happened. It may have been enough that his name appeared on our joint account cheque.

Today, again, the Liberal party called. Each time they call, I ask that we both be removed from their call list. Each time the caller agrees they will ensure my name is removed. Until the next call.

Can anyone explain why our names remain on the call list when I have requested they be removed over and over?

I am registered on the www.DoNOTCall.ca listing. That isn't enough though, political parties are exempted from that registry.  Guess who writes the rules...

BTW, if you haven't listed your cell phones on the do not call listing, that's now an option you may wish to take advantage of!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội