TaxTips.ca - BC HST - Residential Energy Credit and Rebate

TaxTips.ca - BC HST - Residential Energy Credit and Rebate

Dorothy has put together a page on the residential energy credit. Key to note is you must, if a home based business claiming ITC's on home office costs, refuse to accept the credit on your utility bills. I called both BC Hydro and BC Gas last summer a number of times before they finally took the credit off my bills. I just checked and my Terasen bill says I have a rate classification of "small commercial" on the statement of account. My Hydro bill doesn't indicate any rebate and charges me the full 12% HST.

To claim a rebate, there are special rules set out in Dorothy's TaxTips.ca column linked herewith. Let me know how you make out...

Note the penalties of 10% and 25% for obtaining the credit when you shouldn't have... whether unintentionally or by fraudulent means!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội